Barbara L. Nason has been practicing family law in Massachusetts for over 25 years. As a family law attorney, Barbara has developed the experience, compassion and skill to help people reach confidential and cost-effective resolutions to their personal family conflicts outside of court.
Barbara has found that Mediation, Collaborative Law, and other out of court dispute resolution alternatives can produce better results for her clients. She’s also discovered, after representing clients with a wide variety of backgrounds, that Mediation and Collaborative Law can be better suited for people who have different or unique needs.
Nason Divorce Solutions offers approaches that encourage the parties to be respectful to one another, thereby creating a positive future cycle for the family.
Divorce & Family Matters Can be Highly Emotionally Charged
The divorce process can be the most stressful period in a person’s life. Important decisions have to be made — decisions that not only impact a family’s financial future, but the future of children. These are unfamiliar and challenging times for clients. During this period, Barbara calls on her experience and strengths as a compassionate professional to assist her clients and mediating parties to resolve family conflicts without costly litigation.
Collaborative & Mediation Activities
Barbara is the Former President of the Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (2016) and former member of the faculty, certifying attorneys and other disciplines throughout the Commonwealth in Collaborative Law.
Other activities of note include:
- Appointed by the Probate & Family Courts as mediator and conciliator to resolve ongoing disputes
- Regularly serves as Special Master on complex financial cases
- Member of the Massachusetts Council of Family Mediation
- Past President of the Plymouth County Bar Association (2009)
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (Past President, 2016)
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Plymouth County Bar Association (Past President, 2009)
- J.D. New England Law, Boston, 1993
- B.A. Legal Studies, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1990