Conciliation is a process in which a neutral (such as Barbara Nason) assists the parties to settle their case by clarifying the issues and assessing the strengths and weaknesses of each side of their case. As conciliator, the neutral will assist in exploring settlement and clarifying the issues in dispute. The session or sessions are confidential and non-binding. She will help the disputing parties in communicating so that they may arrive at a mutually beneficial and equitable resolution.
Very often Barbara is appointed by the court as a conciliator when the parties are already in court and are unable to arrive at a solution or settlement on their own. The parties and/or their attorneys will recommend to the court that they would like a neutral’s assistance in conciliating their case. If the parties are unrepresented, they also can make a request to the court that Barbara be appointed as the conciliator.
When to Seek Conciliation
- (Typically) when the parties are already in court
- When parties are unable to arrive at a solution or settlement on their own
- Assists the parties to settle their case
- Clarifies the issues
- Assesses the strengths and weaknesses of each side of parties’ cases
- Helps disputing parties to communicate
- Helps both parties arrive at a mutually beneficial and equitable resolution
Need Help Determining & Accomplishing Your Primary Goals?
Attorney Barbara Nason will work with you to determine your primary goals and help you accomplish them respectfully. Contact Attorney Barbara Nason at 617-494-1227 for an initial consultation.